Hiking Mt Rinjani to Lake and summit 4 days 3 nights via Senaru village on 601m, to crater rim Senaru, lake, hot spring, crater rim Sembalun, summit and trek down to Sembalun village.
Mount Rinjani Hiking Lake-Summit 4 Days Itinerary :
Day 1: After an early breakfast we register at the Rinjani Trek Centre in Senaru (601 m) before commencing our trek. The trail initially passes through dense tropical forest. We stop at Pos 1 and Pos 2, pausing for rest breaks and snacks. At Pos 3 (2,000 m) we stop for a longer break for lunch. After lunch we continue the trek to the crater rim. As we climb higher forest is replaced by grassland and the trail becomes increasingly steep. We camp the night at Senaru Crater Rim (2,641 m) with views of the sunset, Mount Agung in Bali and the Gili Islands, the summit of Mount Rinjani, Lake Segara Anak and Gunung Baru, the small volcanic cone within the crater.
Day 2: After enjoying the sunrise and breakfast we commence our descent into the crater. The trail is steep and rocky and passes through thick forest. We stop for lunch on the shore of Lake Segara Anak (2,000 m) and set up camp. The afternoon can be spent swimming in the hot springs, fishing, exploring the lakeshore or simply relaxing.
Day 3: After a leisurely morning we enjoy lunch on the lakeshore before commencing our climb out of the crater. The trail is steep and slippery in places. We camp the night at Sembalun Crater Rim (2,639 m) with amazing views of the sunset, Lake Segara Anak, the summit of Mount Rinjani and northern Lombok.
Day 4: We wake at 3am for a light breakfast before commencing the challenging three hour trek to the summit (3,726 m). We arrive in time for sunrise, the best time to enjoy the spectacular views. Returning to our campsite on the crater rim we stop for a hot breakfast and a rest before commencing our descent to Sembalun. We pause for lunch at Pos 2 or 3 and arrive in Sembalun (1,156 m) in the early afternoon, from where you will be transported to your next destination.
Trekking Rinjani programs include the following:
- Pick up before and transfers after the trek.
- A night accommodation in Senaru before the trek
- Trekking guide and porters who will carry the cooking gear and camping equipment
- An experienced English speaking guide and professional porters
- Entrance fee to the national park
- Food and drinking water on the trek (3 litre mineral water a day/person)
- Tent, toilet tent and paper, sleeping bags and mattress, pillow
- Head lamp/hand torch
- Small bag/daily pack
- Trekking shoes, rain jacket, long pants, gloves
- Airline ticket
- Extra porter for own luggage
- Tips for guide and porters
Bellow are list of items you should carry during the trek programme. All items to be packed in a small backpack no more than 5 kgs.
- Torch or Flashlight.
- 1 pair champ shoes/trek shoes are good. ( boots )
- Toiletries, Personal madications
- Sun block/lotion, hat/cap, sun glasses.
- Spray for muscle/balm.
- Insect repellent.
- Camera, Handy Cam (Manual or Digital).
- 2 pcs. of T-Shirts.
- Long trek pants/wind proof. Rain coat
- Wind proof Jacket. Warmest jacket
- 2 pcs. of shorts.
- Trek stick/leaky (optional).
- Sandals (optional).
- Swim wear
- Binocular (optional).
- Extra trail snack (we supply fruits, Menu.