Mount Rinjani Trekking Summit and lake 4 days 3 nights start via Sembalun village to crater rim Sembalun, summit, lake, hot spring, crater rim Senaru and down the trek to Senaru village.
Mount Rinjani Trekking Summit Lake 4 Days Itinerary :
Day 1: After an early breakfast we depart Senaru and travel by 4WD vehicle to Sembalun. We register at the Rinjani Trekking Information in Sembalun (1,156 m) before commencing our trek. The trail initially passes through undulating open grasslands as it winds up the mountain. We stop at Pos 1 and Pos 2, pausing for rest breaks and snacks. At Pos 3 (1,800 m) we stop for a longer break for lunch. After lunch we commence the steep climb up the crater rim. We camp the night at Sembalun Crater Rim (2,639 m) with amazing views of the sunset, Lake Segara Anak, the summit of Mount Rinjani and northern Lombok.
Day 2: We wake at 3am for a light breakfast before commencing the challenging three hour trek to the summit (3,726 m). We arrive in time for sunrise, the best time to enjoy the spectacular views. Returning to our campsite on the crater rim we pause for a hot breakfast and a rest before continuing our descent into the crater. We stop for lunch on the shore of Lake Segara Anak (2,000 m) and set up camp. The afternoon can be spent swimming in the hot springs, fishing, exploring the lakeshore or simply relaxing.
Day 3: After breakfast we continue our trek around the shore of Lake Segara Anak before commencing our climb out of the crater. The trail is steep and rocky and passes through dense forest. At the Senaru Crater Rim (2,641 m) we pause for lunch and a rest. The crater rim offers views across the lake back toward the summit and a good vantage point of Gunung Baru, the small volcanic cone within the crater of Mount Rinjani. Mount Agung in Bali and the Gili Islands can also be seen from here. We can camp here for the night, or if the wind is cold and we still feel energetic we can continue down the mountain and spend the night at a more sheltered campsite in the forest.
Day 4: After breakfast we continue our descent of the mountain, utilising the rest spots of Pos 3, Pos 2 and Pos 1 and stopping for a longer break for lunch along the way. As we descend the mountain the forest becomes thicker and increasingly lush. We arrive in Senaru (601 m) at approximately 1 pm, from where you will be transported to your next destination.
Trekking Rinjani programs include the following:
- Pick up before and transfers after the trek.
- A night accommodation in Senaru before the trek
- Trekking guide and porters who will carry the cooking gear and camping equipment
- An experienced English speaking guide and professional porters
- Entrance fee to the national park
- Food and drinking water on the trek (3 litre mineral water a day/person)
- Tent, toilet tent and paper, sleeping bags and mattress, pillow
- Head lamp/hand torch
- Small bag/daily pack
- Trekking shoes, rain jacket, long pants, gloves
- Airline ticket
- Extra porter for own luggage
- Tips for guide and porters
Bellow are list of items you should carry during the trek programme. All items to be packed in a small backpack no more than 5 kgs.
- Torch or Flashlight.
- 1 pair champ shoes/trek shoes are good. ( boots )
- Toiletries, Personal madications
- Sun block/lotion, hat/cap, sun glasses.
- Spray for muscle/balm.
- Insect repellent.
- Camera, Handy Cam (Manual or Digital).
- 2 pcs. of T-Shirts.
- Long trek pants/wind proof. Rain coat
- Wind proof Jacket. Warmest jacket
- 2 pcs. of shorts.
- Trek stick/leaky (optional).
- Sandals (optional).
- Swim wear
- Binocular (optional).
- Extra trail snack (we supply fruits, Menu.