Explore Mount Rinjani with Lombok Volcano Trekking
Welcome to Lombok Volcano Trekking, the hiking Rinjani tour organizer based in Senaru village offers all trekking tour package and guiding to Rinjani mountain via Sembalun and Senaru ascent route with experienced tour guide, personal service, best quality of camping equipment, reasonable prices and provides complete, accurate and updated information needed for you to come up Rinjani mountain.
Below are useful information that you should read before coming to climb Rinjani mountain :
Getting Mount Rinjani
Mount Rinjani is an active volcano which is located on a small island in Indonesia called Lombok. The easiest way to reach the mountain is to fly direct to Lombok International Airport in Praya, Lombok (Airport Code: LOP) and then took a long journey to the foot of Rinjani.
Driving routes option to Mt Rinjani from Lombok Airport :
- Senaru, the drive takes about 2.5 to 3 hours, going through Mataram and circled half the island before finally reaching Senaru village the ascent route to Rinjani in the west.
- Sembalun, takes about 2 to 2,5 hours going through east side Mount Rinjani with routes Praya to Kopang to Masbagik to Aikmel then finally reached the village of Sembalun in the east side of Mount Rinjani (the closest ascent route to Mount Rinjani summit).
If you can not fly directly to Lombok, the best way is to transit through Jakarta or fly to Bali and take a fast boat to Lombok . . .read more here
Mount Rinjani Lombok Overview
Standing at a majestic 3726 m, Mt. Rinjani located in the North of Lombok, is the second highest peak in Indonesia. For the people of Lombok, Sasak and Balinese alike, this mountain is a sacred place where, at the summit, the holy gods live.
A large crater lake Segara Anak, located at 2000 m above sea level is the destination of many pilgrims, who make the annual trek up the steep slopes in order to place offerings to the gods in the lake itself. Within this breathtaking crater lake has appeared a new and active volcano, Mt. Barujari. On the north side of the lake is a hot spring (one of 4 Segara Anak hot springs found there) which is said to cure disease.
|Location||Gunung Rinjani National Park Lombok, Indonesia|
|Parent range||Lesser Sunda Islands|
|Age of rock||Late Mesozoic|
|Volcanic arc||Sunda Arc|
|Last eruption||14:45, 27 September 2016 (WITA)|
|Normal route||Sembalun and Senaru|
Route Options to the Summit Rinjani
To climb such an impressive mountain is an unforgettable experience. Starting points for such a trek can begin at Senaru in the North or from Sembalun and Timbanuh from the east Lombok. However, if you are wondering whether to start from Senaru, Sembalun or Timbanuh it probably comes down to when you want to summit.
If you want to summit earlier in the trip, then choose Sembalun. If not, then choose Senaru it is a more beautiful and shaded route than Sembalun, but you need minimum 3 days trip to reach the summit.
Best time to climb Rinjani
Rinjani is best climbed during the April to November dry season. The trekking trails are generally closed during the rainy season January to last of March.
In recent years the early months of the dry season have become more prone to rain and you should be prepared to encounter heavy rain and low visibility with slippery tracks underfoot at any time, particularly in the afternoon.
Costs and Tour Operators
Unfortunately Rinjani Trekking prices and cost to climb Mount Rinjani are not cheap and varied though according to how well known Tour Operator, private or sharing package, how many days trip and how many people in your group and the commission is due to people or agency.
Important to check they are properly experienced, equipped and provisioned. Ensure your trek price is all-inclusive of any extra charges for transportation, accommodation, provisions, guide and porter fees and the Rinjani National Park entrance fee.
Trekking Mount Rinjani Lombok usually done 2 days or more and always start early in the morning of course you'll need a comfortable bed in Senaru or Sembalun before start climbing next day. Mostly Tour Agency has been provide and organized everything you need to sleep one night before climb the mountain at the hotel in Senaru or Sembalun village.
Recommended you to carry during the Mt. Rinjani trek programme, all Items to be packed in a small backpack no more than 10 kg :
- Quick Dry Synthetic Material : Shirt (can be either short or long sleeve) as the base layer, a good quality fleece jacket/woollen pull-over as the middle later and a thick wind proof jacket as the outer layer. A waterproof and windproof trekking pants is desirable and a pair of woollen gloves, beanie and scarf for additional cold protection.
- Trekking Shoes : Mid or high-cut shoes are preferred over low-cut ones for better ankle grips and to prevent loose soils from getting into the shoes.
- Trekking Poles : Highly recommended for the summit climb as the terrain towards the summit is very steep and consists of very fine and loose volcanic soil that may cause one to slip down easily.
- Others : Water Bottle, Torch or Flashlight, Toiletries, Sun block/lotion, hat/cap, sun glasses, Spray for muscle/balm, Insect repellent, Camera, Mobile phone and Power bank.
Packing list above assuming you are going with a guide and porters carry all camping equipment (Tent, Sleeping bag, sleeping mats and Toilet tent), Cooking gears, waters and foods.
Guide and Porters
Rinjani mountain guides and porters are mostly natives of the three ascent route Mount Rinjani : Senaru, Sembalun and Timbanuh - Tetebatu that some of them have licensed and a good experienced in guiding trekker to climb the mountain.
Mount Rinjani Guides and Porters as:
- Experience and licensed. The guides and porters who are experienced and have a licensed to be working on a travel organizer that has the good name and the selling the package is quite expensive and they will be get paid more expensive than the standard fee guides or porters.
- Experience but do not have a licensed Use by the travel organizer who selling the standard package and they will be get paid with standard fee guides 18$/day plus extra summit fee 18$ or porters 16$/day.
- New and lack experience Usually used by the travel organizer who sell the package at a bargain price or cheap sharing package with payroll under the salary standard guides and porters.
In other side some of travel organizer local Sembalun or Senaru has own guides and porters that certainly has good ability and experience in guiding guests to climb Mount Rinjani and most of them will do the best service as possible that they could do with the hope of getting some tipping from they are guest and good review to their company.
If you want to get a good services and enjoy during climbing Rinjani mountain do not take the cheap package.
Do you still have a questions about Trekking Mount Rinjani Lombok? Feel free to contact us and we will respond to your query shortly.